Leaving a comment .......... a little tutorial

Hi everyone

I had a thought earlier.  Have you at some time read a posting on this blog & thought "I think I might leave a comment"?  If so - you either know how to do this or you don't.

If you don't know then two problems arise  - first, how to or where to leave the comment; secondly when you get to the area to leave a comment - how do you post it because of the options available to you.

Lets deal with the first problem - to leave a comment the first thing you do is click at the bottom of the posting where it says "x comments".  (x being the number of comments already left - if any).  Click on those words.  This refreshes the display & shows the comments already left, after which there is an open comments box.  In the box type your comment & please type your name at the end of the comment.

Now the second problem arises - underneath the comments box it asks you to "comment as" & there is a little box with an arrow at the side which when pressed gives you a drop down menu.  Click on the arrow at the side to display the different options.  Go down to the bottom of the list & select "Anonymous". Then click "post comment" followed by "Sign out".  If you want to see how your comment is going to look before you post it, then you click on "Preview" first, then after that click "Post comment" & "sign out" as before.

I hope this helps & that more of you might leave comments now.  I have set up moderation on the comments which means that it does not go straight onto the blog.  I receive notification that there is a comment awaiting moderation - I read it, then publish it.  I don't do it this way because I think you might leave a nasty comment but because it would allow someone to contact me who might have found the blog & want to attend the club meetings.  They can then send me a message via that method - leave me their email address for me to contact them back.  I can then either delete the comment after noting the email address - or remove the email address but post the comment.  This keeps every ones privacy nice & secure.

I look forward to your comments in the future.

More later.

Comments

  1. Never mind signing yourself Misty's Mum - you should be "Everybody's Mum". You look after us so well :)

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi My name is Sylvia and I live in Buckley. I used to go to a craft club in Saltney but had to leave due to babysitting committments. I would be interested in joining a club on a Monday, Thursday or Friday. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko